MontrealTheatreHub.com is a labour of love, birthed from a profound passion for the stage arts and for the people that it happen.
My initial idea for the site came from what was a perceived gap in the Montreal English theatre scene – a need for up-to-date, accessible, and relevant industry information as an artist and an audience member. Suggestively named, the Hub was then conceived to be a centralized source of content for members of the local performing arts community at large, serving as an independent newscast, a comprehensive guide to shows, and a loving home for us to unapologetically discuss all things theatre around town.
Collaboration, connection, and cooperation are at the heart of the Hub; we’re here to shine a light on the creative individuals and companies that ignite stages across Montreal and contribute towards the cultural development of our vibrant city. Our mission resides not only in strengthening the ties among existing members of the community, but in reaching and inspiring new audiences to awaken to the magic of the theatre.
This site is a love letter to each and every single one of you and I hope you find in it a source of excitement, education, and enlightenment.
All my love!
Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Team of Contributors
- MTL Clown Fest announces 2020 programming - September 23, 2020
- Amy Blackmore premieres autobiographical piece at Centaur’s Portico Project - September 22, 2020
- The Segal Centre and Montreal Holocaust Museum present “Keeping the Conversation Going” - September 22, 2020
- Interview | ‘True West’: From Stage to Screen - August 27, 2020
- Review: Taking a Break with ‘Small Mouth Sounds’ - February 17, 2020
- Review: ‘Alice and the World We Live In’: Our Surreal Reality - October 21, 2019
- Fringe Review: “Burning Bridget Cleary”: Story of the last woman burned as a witch in Ireland rings current - June 12, 2019
- Fringe Review: “House of Laureen Presents: Mx. Queerdo MTL” – a drag pageant in a class of its own - June 10, 2019
- Fringe Review: “The Adventures of Humphrey Beauregret: the Case o’Bianca” – Frankie-nominated one puppetman show ‘plays it again’ - June 8, 2019
- Review: ‘Persephone Bound’ a soaring modern spin on an ancient Greek myth - November 22, 2019
- Review: Morals are questioned, “Measure for Measure”, in Repercussion Theatre’s timely, annual Shakespeare-in-the-Park - July 18, 2019
- FTA Review: Genderf*cker is an explosion of life sprawled out on stage - June 1, 2019
- Review: Circa: Not your average “Humans” - November 6, 2019
- Review: ‘Anima/Darkroom’: the Krump we all need and deserve - September 27, 2019
- Fringe Review: “Didn’t Hurt”: one man’s tale of trauma and recovery - June 10, 2019
- Fringe Review: “Dear Jax,”: Susan and Stephen. Love. - June 13, 2019
- Fringe Review: “The Immaculate Big Bang”: Big Laughs - June 12, 2019
- Fringe Review: Lights! Camera! Odd Jobs?: “Be in the Moment” - June 12, 2019
- Review: ‘The Tropic of X’ a poetic, visceral, sucker punch to the gut - February 6, 2020
- Review: Timely as ever, Vittorio Rossi’s “The Chain” makes a triumphant return to the stage - September 16, 2019
- MCC Review: El Nucleo’s acrobalance show SOMOS is uplifting and charming - July 13, 2019
- In the Spotlight: Samantha Gold, Graphic Artist of Snowglobe’s ‘The Pillowman’ - November 6, 2019
- Review: Opéra de Montréal presents “Das Rheingold” at Place des Arts - November 13, 2018
- Review: McGill Savoy Society presents a “spritely” Iolanthe - February 10, 2018