Position: Research Coordinator
Anticipated start date: August 2, 2021
Salary: $25,000-27,000 per year commensurate with experience.
Schedule: 28 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 10 AM to 6 PM (flexible); occasional evening and weekend work may be required. ***This is a part-time position. The initial contract will be for 8 months, but the contract could be extended for the final 12 months of this project.
Language(s) of work: The successful candidate will be fluent in English and French.
Location: #708-714, 460 Sainte-Catherine Street W., Montreal (between McGill and Place-des-Arts metro stations)
Benefits: A full staff position includes paid vacation leave (4%) and paid sick or personal leave, and offers a flexible schedule with compensatory time.
ELAN Quebec (English-Language Arts Network) is a non-profit organization devoted to helping Quebec’s English-language artists make connections with one another, with their francophone colleagues, and with their audiences in Quebec, Canada and internationally. ELAN currently employees six full-time, permanent employees and several part-time employees. (www.quebec-elan.org/team)
Working closely with the Project Manager, the Research Coordinator will collect data and documentation about grants and funding available within the government of Quebec (CALQ, SODEC, Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Education, etc.) in order to update and maintain ELAN’s funding database. The Research Coordinator will also collect data pertaining to: needs within the English-speaking arts community, requiring direct engagement with community members and artists; official language minority community funding received by the English-speaking arts community in Quebec; potential community partners offering complementary services; and relevant themes for webinar presentations. The position requires the ability to collect and structure large quantities of information as well as the ability to collaborate with a wide variety of people, working in English and in French. This position will encourage individual creativity and offer scope for innovation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Good written and oral communication skills in French;
- 1-3 years’ experience as a project coordinator or researcher conducting data collection;
- First rate skills with collecting data and keeping track of it using Excel or equivalent software;
- Ability to adapt activities as information is gathered and the project evolves;
- Solid interpersonal communication and ability to collaborate to achieve goals;
- Meticulous record keeping and data management and overall attention to detail;
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently, with creative problem-solving skills;
- Good computer skills with email, word processing, Excel and databases;
- Ability to work harmoniously with many different collaborators;
- Familiarity with arts funding and grants is an asset;
- The ideal candidate would have experience working in a team environment with a non-profit cultural organization.
- Update and maintain provincial funding database, including some translation of French documentation into English;
- Research and develop content for webinar presentations, as needed;
- Assist with data collection and analysis of funding for Quebec’s English language arts community;
- Assist with survey design, data collection and analysis;
- Maintain directory of English language arts and culture organizations in Quebec;
- Set up meetings with collaborators, and take minutes of meetings;
- Oversee the work of specialized researchers;
- Coordinate focus groups and consultations;
- Research and identify potential community partners offering key services;
- Assist with determining project priorities and activities;
- Other admin tasks as necessary.
ELAN is not located in a fully accessible building. There is a wide doorway at the front entrance, and five steps in the lobby leading to the elevators. A cement ramp at the back entrance also provides access to the elevators. Wheelchair-accessible washrooms are available two floors below ELAN’s office. For further information, call 514.935.3312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Deadline: Wednesday June 30th, 2021. Interviews will be held the week of July 5, 2021.
Please email the following materials to email@example.com:
- CV/Resume in Word or PDF format
- Cover letter in Word or PDF format
- In your cover letter, please detail your interest in the position, and highlight your qualifications for this position and any relevant experience in the arts.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
ELAN is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. We strongly encourage applications from members of the Government of Canada’s job equity groups (i.e. persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and newcomers to Canada), and from all groups who experience marginalization. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter if they are comfortable doing so.