The Quebec Drama Federation is currently seeking to fill a full-time (35 hours/week) Managing Director position beginning March 29, 2021, with a salary of $40,950.00 payable in correspondence with net amounts after all standard employment deductions.
Reporting to the QDF Board of Directors, and in co-leadership with the Programs Director, the Managing Director is responsible for the direction of the financial and administrative operations and development of the QDF. The Managing Director ensures the financial health and stability of the QDF by managing, maintaining and monitoring all revenues and expenditures and keeping excellent records. Additionally, the Managing Director leads support staff and implements HR policies and practices in an effective manner, provides professional support to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the daily functions of the QDF.
Until QDF’s offices reopen, the Managing Director would primarily work remotely. The Managing Director will be provided with equipment required to perform their work duties from home but must be comfortable with leading teams and communicating over Zoom, Slack, email, and phone.
DESCRIPTION OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing the annual budget in collaboration with the Treasurer, and with the final approval of the Board and its Finance Committee, and managing cash flow and identifying variances;
- Reporting regularly to the Board of QDF on budget progress: monthly financial reports, cash flow forecasts, profit budgets and profitability statements, financial analysis, monitoring of performance against budget, and the initiating of corrective action for Board approval;
- Representing QDF and its members and liaising with key stakeholders in the theatre community, funders, governmental bodies and other organisations;
- Handling or supervising all banking requirements – reconciliations, deposits, etc;
- Manage and mentor the staff through the employment cycle: negotiate and administer contracts and annual performance reviews;
- In collaboration with the HR Committee, develop and implement effective and relevant employee policies and procedures;
- In partnership with The QDF Bookkeeper and Accountant, manage payroll, including employee records, T4s and T4As, Records of Employment, pay cheques, remittances to Revenue Canada and Revenue Quebec;
- Organizing Board Meetings and the Annual General Meeting, distributing Board materials, publishing and safeguarding Board Agendas, Minutes and policies, and attending Board Meetings as a staff member;
- Submitting all applications and all interim and final reports to, and communicating with, granting agencies, funders, and regulatory bodies in collaboration with supporting staff;
- Actively seek out new sources of public funding and other revenues;
- In collaboration with supporting staff and The QDF Board of Directors, create and maintain relationships with individual donors;
- Providing leadership and support with respect to the various activities of QDF;
- Supporting the day-to-day activities of the office and managing the facilities of the QDF.
- Fluently bilingual, spoken and written French required
- Skilled grant writer and effective communicator
- Creative manager and strategic planner with demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience managing staff, contractors, and/or volunteers (in-person or by remote means)
- Experience with accounting software & systems
- Practical knowledge of Quebec’s English-theatre landscape is essential.
- Cultural policy and Arts Advocacy knowledge and an understanding of the national performing arts landscape is an asset.
- Keen interest in contemporary HR practices, co-leadership models, and collaborative work environments are an asset.
- Experience in working with a non-profit board of directors would be an asset.
Candidates are asked to send a CV and comprehensive cover letter in pdf format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include references.
Candidates must submit applications by Monday, February 15th, 2021 at 3pm though applications will be considered as they come in and interviews may be held prior to this date. the selected candidate will begin training as early as March 1, 2021 and must be available to enter the position fully as of March 29, 2021. QDF thanks all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.