ELAN (English Language Arts Network) is a non-profit organization devoted to helping Quebec’s English-language artists connect with one another, with their French-speaking colleagues, with audiences in Quebec, Canada, and internationally. Our members include artists and organizations representing many artistic disciplines and regions of Quebec. ELAN encourages an evolving Quebec identity that celebrates social, cultural, and artistic diversity.
Working under the direction of ELAN’s Executive Director, and in collaboration with ELAN’s Administrative and HR Manager, the Communication Coordinator is responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain ELAN’s website, email newsletter, and social media networks (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter), including developing and writing content, soliciting and editing contributions, and coordinating translation.
- Review and update communications systems and materials (editorial calendar, website text, etc.) in conjunction with ELAN’s Communications Plan.
- Set communication targets in collaboration with ELAN’s Executive Director and Project Managers.
- Update and maintain ELAN’s Communications Plan, Communication Guide, and manuals.
- Monitor and report on statistics using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other tools on a monthly basis.
- Research and recommend improvements to communications channels, outreach, and events.
- Promote regular events for ELAN members and community, and assist in event preparation.
- Nourish relationships with partner organizations, ELAN members, and the community at large.
- Develop and implement specific communications campaigns in conjunction with special projects, outreach efforts, etc.
- Participate in hiring of temporary student Communications Assistants and supervision of their work.
- Hire photographers for public events and staff photos.
- Develop and implement communication campaigns and social media proposals for ELAN projects.
The Communications Coordinator will implement ongoing communications and outreach campaigns, through digital communications (social media, website, email) and other channels. Research, writing, and communication through email, by phone, in person, and online will be involved.
This is a permanent, full-time position of 35 hours per week, with some evenings and weekends. During the pandemic, the Communications Coordinator will work remotely, but has a permanent workstation at our offices.
Start date: March 1, 2021
Salary range: $31,200.00 – $35,300.00
Deadline for application: February 28, 2021
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
– CV/Resume in Word or PDF format
– Cover letter in Word or PDF format
In your cover letter, detail your interest in, and highlight your qualifications, for the position.
Please note: ELAN appreciates all interest in the position; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.