The John Abbott College Theatre Department is hiring a Production teacher to teach Theatre History II (561-G2T-AB – 1 section) for the winter 2021 semester.
Part-time contract representing full and/or part-time workload.
Internal non-permanent applicants with acquired seniority have priority for this posting; however, qualified external candidates are encouraged to apply as the College conducts interviews when there are no internal priority applicants.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s or equivalent* degree in Theatre Arts
- Diploma from a Conservatory School or post-secondary theatre program with extensive and specialized experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be considered
- Minimum of 3 years directly related experience in the profession
- Demonstrated knowledge of the particular subject (s) to be taught
- Ability to teach in other theatre areas an asset
- Several years related teaching experience at the post-secondary level preferred
- Ability to collaborate within a departmental team to achieve common objectives
- Excellent English communication skills essential
- Equivalent establishes a general comparison between two official education systems
John Abbott College adheres to an Equal Access to Employment Program, and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to submit their applications.
The college thanks all candidates who submit their resumes for consideration. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.