The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) is seeking a Business Manager to join its team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The PACT Business Manager is an important part of a small team working closely together in service of professional theatre across Canada. This role is responsible for ensuring the effective, timely, efficient and cost-effective administration of PACT’s organization’s financial and administrative functions in support of its strategic and operational goals. As the Business Manager, you will maintain professionalism in all communications with internal and external stakeholders and ensure confidentiality in all of your interactions with staff, Directors, and members. This is a pro-rated temporary full-time position (30 hours per week/0.8FTE) for one year.
PACT is based in Toronto but in these extraordinary times we are working remotely and maintaining our relationship as a team via online platforms. For this reason, applicants from across Canada are encouraged to apply.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Works with the Executive Director to establish annual budget projections and to conduct monthly assessments of those projections.
- Works with Executive Director to prepare all necessary statistics and budgets for grant applications and maintains all funding files (re. CADAC).
- Preparing of, and responsibility for the accuracy of, the financial records and reports, including all internal statements and government reporting (e.g. Source Deductions, HST, T3010 etc).
- Payroll administration for all employees and contractors (including annual T4/T4A filing and ROE preparation), including administration of PACT’s employee benefit program
- All day to day bookkeeping functions including: accounts receivable, payable, general journal entries, bank deposits, monthly reconciliation etc.
- Pre-audit preparation and work with the company auditors for the year-end statements
- Administration of accounts with banks, insurance companies, and other outside professionals as required, including the investment of funds.
- Liaises with PACT’s Finance Committee.
- Liaises with building management in relation to PACT office decisions (repairs, maintenance and health and safety) and IT consultants re. network systems.
- Acts as primary administrator of board meetings, including coordinating meeting logistics, board package preparations, completing minute-taking and distribution, and processing expense claims.
- Ensures compliance with ESA, MLTSD, and other federal and provincial legislative bodies.
- Works in partnership with PACT staff to meet commitments to our membership.
- Maintains PACT staff vacation, lieu and sick time records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in office administration at a mid-senior level, ideally in a non-profit environment. Experience with a performing arts organization or at a professional theatre company is an asset.
- Completion of University/College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training in business administration or accounting or bookkeeping.
- Understanding of employment standards legislation and employer requirements including but not limited to ESA, MLTSD, and other compliance matters.
- Experience in a bookkeeping or equivalent financial administrative role and use of computerized bookkeeping systems (QuickBooks and/or Sage).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Dependable and reliable with an ability to work well with a variety of people.
- Commitment to ensuring the success of the Professional Association of Canadian theatres through careful and accountable financial management, and timely customer service for our members.
This is a pro-rated temporary full-time position (30 hours per week/0.8FTE) for one year with an annual pro-rated salary range of $34,400 to $40,000, depending on experience. Benefits include enrollment in our group health and dental plan, paid vacation time, and paid sick days.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should email a résumé with a cover letter in a single pdf to Tabitha Keast, HR Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Business Manager’ in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is the end of day (11:59PM EST) on Monday January 18th, 2021.