Festival de la Bête Noire: A Montreal based Horror Theatre Festival is looking for a Social Media & Marketing Director.
The work is on a contract basis from December 15th – February 21st with the possibility to become a permanent member of the team. This position is an equal profit share between the core members of the Festival’s organization team based on the 2020-2021 ticket sales plus a small honorarium.
The candidate will work directly with the Executive and Artistic director to execute the following tasks:
- Create and execute marketing and social media campaigns and strategies for the festival.
- Grow and develop the festival’s social media community and reach.
- Promote the festival as a whole, its events, posts, and photos on our social media (fb and Instagram) on a regular scheduled basis.
- Research sponsors and write potential sponsorship and grant proposals. (TBD)
- Create ads, sell ads, network with companies for ad space/exchanges.
- Provide unofficial training and guidance to festival contributors – proper implementation of social media best practices and strategies.
- Must be available to post a few times a week to as many pages and groups as possible.
The candidate must:
- Have in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms specifically (Facebook, Youtube, Instagram.) and how they can be deployed and optimized.
- Possess an excellent command of both French and English grammar and spelling.
- Confident when communicating and ( or ) negotiating with potential sponsors via email, phone etc.
- Be adaptable to work autonomously or within a team environment.
- Must have strong knowledge of the vast horror genre, live theatre and performance art.
Interested applicants or those seeking further details please contact: Mylène Chicoine at email@example.com