MainLine Theatre is seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) Administrative Coordinator for a one year contract beginning on October 15, 2020. The position pays $15/hour.
Reporting to the Executive and Artistic Director as well as the Artistic Producer, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for managing the administrative needs of the company. This includes maintaining efficient office systems, records and processes, box office and statistic management, artist administration and contract creation, assistance in government and funder filing, website maintenance and financial management assistance (invoicing, data entry, petty cash management). The administrative coordinator works closely with the entire MainLine team and collaborates on ongoing projects as they arise.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Dependable, punctual, team player with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- A self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who is eager to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, adapting to changing priorities as necessary.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel), Google Docs, Sheets and Forms and database management.
- Translation and proofreading skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in both French and English.
- Familiarity with non-profit theatre management and/or granting systems is an asset.
- Accounting software (Quickbooks) proficiency is an asset.
Candidates are to please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23rd, 2020. Applications should include references. Interviews will be scheduled for late September. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
MainLine Theatre is a multidisciplinary arts organization that provides opportunities, services and spaces for Montreal’s bilingual performing and visual arts communities. MainLine operates an arts space located at 3997 St-Laurent and produces the St-Ambroise Montreal Fringe Festival, the Bouge d’ici Dance Festival, Richard O’Brien’s The Rocky Horror Show and the Encore Series. MainLine acts as a springboard, catalyst and connector in the community.
MainLine Theatre is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. The company strongly encourages applications from members of equity seeking groups, including but not limited to, persons with disabilities, IBPOC communities, gender fluid, non-binary and gender non-conforming people, newcomers to Canada and from all groups who experience marginalization. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify in their cover letter if they are comfortable doing so.