Montreal, Monday, March 4th, 2020 — Verdi’s and Mozart’s most wonderful arias, the highly anticipated return of the great composer Janáček, an original work by Michel Marc Bouchard and Julien Bilodeau and the finest singers from home and abroad, all season long—this is what awaits you in the Opéra de Montréal‘s 2020-2021 artistic season!
Also, for a second year, opera fans will be able to take advantage of Sunday afternoon performances at 2 pm, making it easier for many music lovers to attend. This is in addition to the very popular series of free Let’s Talk Opera! events, which will continue to expand throughout Montreal and in nearby suburbs.
The 2020/2021 season in brief
- La Traviata, Giuseppe Verdi, September 2020, Salle Wilfrid Pelletier (WP)
- Jenůfa, Leoš Janáček, November 2020, Salle WP
- La beauté du monde, Julien Bilodeau / Michel Marc Bouchard, March 2021, Théâtre Maisonneuve
- The Marriage of Figaro, Wolfang Amadeus Mozart, May 2021, Salle WP
Opera à la carte
- Riders to the sea, collaboration with Ballet Opéra Pantomime (BOP) and I Musici de Montréal: Riders to the sea, Ralph Vaughan Williams plus new work by composer Hubert Tanguay-Labrosse and author Olivier Kemeid, May 2021, Monument-National.
All operas are performed in their original language with bilingual surtitles projected above the stage.
4 operas starting from $119
Only at the Opéra de Montréal box office:
514-985-2258 • 1 877 385-2222
Place des Arts Box Office: 514-842-2112 • 1 866 842-2112
Starting at $30, on sale as of June 5, 2020.
For details on the full programming, visit