Humanly Possible Productions is thrilled to announce that it will be casting for its upcoming production, “Crack the Pretty Armour”, to be presented at the 2020 Montreal Fringe Festival (June 11th-21st).
This play (written by Julia Weisser) takes place in the 1970s. It follows 5 young people who join a communal theatre company in Toronto, which begins more and more disturbingly to resemble a cult. Based on true accounts.
The production is looking for 5 actors to fill the following roles:
- Daniel, male, mid 20s. Effeminate; tries to hide it. (Please note: preference will be given to an actor who identifies as LGBTQ+)
- Jeremiah, male, late 20s. Charismatic and moody.
- Rebecca, female, early 20s. A dancer; unassuming. (Please note: the actress chosen to play this role will have a modern dance solo in the style of 1970s Martha Graham)
- Naomi, female, early 20s. Cool and self-possessed.
- Jacob, male, early 20s. Serious; rarely smiles.
Please indicate which role you would like to audition for; you will then be emailed a monologue to prepare. You may also be asked to do a cold read.
Audition dates and locations:
Sunday Feb. 16th: MB-7.270 (7th floor, JMSB, Concordia)
Monday Feb. 17th: MB-7.101 (7th floor, JMSB, Concordia)
If interested, please email: email@example.com to reserve your audition spot.