John Abbott College’s Theatre Department is currently hiring a Professional Acting instructor to teach:
a) Introduction to Voice II 561-223-AB
b) Voice and Diction IV 561-265-AB
c) Movement and Dance II 561-366-AB
d) Performance Laboratory IV 561-768-AB
Part-time contract representing full and/or part-time workload.
N.B.: This vacancy is to replace an instructor away on an authorized leave and will terminate without prior notice upon the return of the instructor.
Internal non-permanent applicants with acquired seniority have priority for this posting; however, qualified external candidates are encouraged to apply as the College conducts interviews when there are no internal priority applicants.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s or equivalent* degree in Theatre Arts
- Diploma from a Conservatory School or post-secondary theatre program with extensive and specialized experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be considered
- Minimum of 3 years directly related experience in the profession
- Demonstrated knowledge of the particular subject (s) to be taught
- Ability to teach in other theatre areas an asset
- Several years related teaching experience at the post-secondary level preferred
- Ability to collaborate within a departmental team to achieve common objectives
- Excellent English communication skills essential
- Equivalent establishes a general comparison between two official education systems
John Abbott College adheres to an Equal Access to Employment Program, and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to submit their applications.
To apply, visit: https://johnabbott.cvmanager.com/
More about the program: