Apply Today to Join CanadaHub at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe!
If you have a contemporary performance or installation-based show you’d like to tour on a major international platform, this is the opportunity for you! A peer committee will select five to six performances to represent Canada at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe with a venue-specific platform, CanadaHub. CanadaHub will be taking over the King’s Hall venue in Edinburgh, presenting performances from August 7 to 31, 2020.
What they’re looking for?
- High-quality and ready-to-tour contemporary performance or installation-based shows.
- Artists or companies with touring experience who are ready to seek international touring opportunities while in Edinburgh.
- Works in English, or with English subtitles, or without words.
- Diversity, including Indigenous artists, Deaf artists, artists with disabilities and culturally diverse artists.
- Thought-provoking works that are pushing forms forward, and/or addressing contemporary social or global issues.
- The application deadline is January 30, 2020.
- Your work must comply with the technical requirements of the venue (see technical rider).
- You must be able to attend technical rehearsals in Edinburgh as early as July 29, 2020.
- You will receive financial support and logistical assistance during your stay in Edinburgh. The Canada Council will assist with costs related to travel, transportation, accommodation and subsistence, up to $30,000 per project, depending on the size of the company.
- An agreement with the producer will state your share of box office revenues (50% of revenues after box office fees and commissions).
How to apply:
Find all the application details here.
Please email any questions you may have to email@example.com.