The National Theatre School of Canada is currently hiring a Head Lighting Technician.
The Monument-National is a place in full evolution energized by the presence of NTS students. The ideal candidate is expected to provide exemplary and rigorous service to external clients while making sure to communicate the institution’s new pedagogical values. The candidate will also be called upon to guide and transmit his knowledge to students who will have to go through an intense training in order to assimilate the inner workings of the performing arts professions.
By joining our team, you will be called to:
- Participate in our constantly changing, innovating production processes, and to contribute to the creation of new projects;
- Maintain honest and open communication paths within the organization, in order to create cohesion and work efficiently;
- Participate in group efforts to build a safe and inclusive professional environment;
- Share the opinion that theatre brings people together, and creates opportunities for individuals to imagine, think, and feel, collectively.
- Support the Head Stagehand in recruiting new staff according to technical needs
- Receive, plan, and organize work and tasks distributed by the Head Stagehand
- Oversee the smooth running of set-up and take-down for events, activities, and shows according to the schedule drafted by the Head Stagehand
- Be in charge of inventory, warehousing, and annual or routine maintenance of departmental equipment
- Ensure full and open communication at all times
- Respect, and at all times apply standards and regulations regarding work health and safety
- Respect and apply internal policies and procedures to maintain a healthy, respectful, ethical and professional work environment
- Inform the Technical Director of any lacking stage equipment
- Represent the Monument-National campus and the National Theatre School by offering an outstanding service to all our internal and external clients
- Participate in organizational meetings, at both the Monument-National and the Saint-Denis campuses
- Perform any other related task
- Proven experience in a similar position, with demonstrated success
- CEGEP diploma in theatre or show production, or equivalent work experience
- Five years of experience in a similar position
- Ease mastering new technology
- Pedagogical spirit and good interpersonal skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility and solution-oriented, positive attitude
- Independence and proactiveness
- Good communication skills and ability to vulgarize
- Ability to adapt and to work under pressure
- Written and spoken mastery of French and English
- Knowledge of Office Suite, an asset
- Knowledge of QLab, an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCad, an asset
- Knowledge of VectorWorks, an asset
- Knowledge of Strand Palette VL Console’s software, an asset
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV, along with a cover letter describing what makes you an ideal candidate, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: Monday, January 6, 2020 at noon.
NTS is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all and believe in the right to employability. That’s why we support accessibility and employment equality; we encourage people of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, and ethnicities, as well as Indigenous people, people with disabilities, and people of colour, to apply.