Looking for a young, Indigenous two-spirited/queer performer presenting between the ages of 18-30 for an indigiqueer adaptation of ‘The Maids’ by Jean Genet. The production is a new piece of physical theatre by Waawaate Fobister and Jesse Stong presented at the MAI (Montreal Arts Interculturels) in March of 2020.
– Must be available for two workshops (Nov 18th-29th Montreal, Jan 6th-Jan 18th Toronto), and a rehearsal and production beginning end of February 23rd 2020 to March 10th 2020 (Montreal).
– Must be available for all dates
– Knowledge of Indigenous history an asset
– Experience in dance and/or physical forms of theatre
– Willing to learn/speak in Anishinaabemowin
The production is keeping the role open to all applications that fit the above specifications, and are interested in seeing a variety of possibilities for the performance.
– A short monologue from the Indigenous repertoire or a monologue from the work of Jean Genet
– One minute of movement/dance
– CV and HEADSHOT
PLEASE SUBMIT TO email@example.com with the Subject line – “AUDITION (YOUR NAME)”. Format for video must be Youtube or Vimeo link. Send password in body of email.
Closing date for applications is October 31st, 2019.
Early submissions much appreciated!