JOB POSTING: General Coordinator
20-30 hours /week (some flexibility) $16-18/hour.
Candidates must be eligible for the Emploi Quebec Program:
Talisman Theatre is an award-winning Montreal-based company specializing in producing premieres of contemporary Quebec plays in translation for the English stage.
Reporting to the Artistic and Executive Director, the General Coordinator will be responsible for: daily operations and scheduling ongoing activities, overseeing fundraising and grant applications, including organizing fundraising events. The Coordinator will also be responsible for communications, outreach and publicity materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In collaboration with the artistic director :
Coordination and Fundraising (70%)
• producing contracts and letters
• preparing corporate sponsorship applications
• managing board meetings
• liaising with donors and granting agents
• planning and coordinating secondary activities
• planning and coordinating major fundraising events
• filing and scheduling (Google Suite)
• coordinating production logistics
• assisting with long-term strategic planning
Communications and Marketing (30%)
• creating content for social media and newsletters
• writing external communications
• developing audiences
• developing school outreach materials
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 2-3 years in the non-profit arts sector
• experience managing communications and social media
• experience writing grant applications
• familiarity with, or interest in the performing arts
• excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and French
• self-motivated and able to work independently and lead projects
• excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask, while managing others
• demonstrated ability to work in a team
• Background in Theatre, as Production Manager
• Event planning experience
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 13th 5:00pm.
Talisman theatre is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its work environments, All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our company are encouraged to apply.