Playwrights’ Workshop Montréal (PWM) is currently seeking a part-time (20hrs/week) Communications Coordinator for an indeterminate term contract, beginning immediately.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and execution of PWM’s marketing and communications strategies. The Communications Coordinator will create, produce and distribute materials using PWM’s communications channels and will monitor and maintain PWM’s website and social media platforms.
At this time, PWM is reviewing its communications platforms and marketing strategies (website, newsletter, social media, etc) with the assistance of three consultants who specialize in three distinct areas: 1) SEO and communications analytics, 2) terminology of communications, the expression of programming and terms of engagement, and transparency of organizational operations through an equity lens and 3) the creation of artistic content for online engagement. The Communications Coordinator will contribute to the strategic thinking and planning during this process, and also assist with the implementation of findings.
SALARY, HOURS AND BENEFITS:
The position pays $19/hour, payable in correspondence with net amounts after all standard employment deductions. The position includes 10 days (40 hours) of paid vacation during the period of December 23 to January 3 and 5 days (20 hours) of paid vacation during the month of July.
Working hours are 20 hours a week, on a schedule determined with the General Manager. When additional projects arise, the Communications Coordinator may be asked to work up to an additional 5 hours a week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write a variety of different content to support communications and marketing efforts, including newsletters, website, social media, brochures and press releases
- Design promotional materials for PWM’s communication and marketing efforts that include images and or/video suitable for social media sharing, mailchimp, email and website
- Design other communications materials such as posters, postcards, signage, letterhead, brochures, business cards, etc
- Assist the PWM team in developing and implementing a communications strategy designed to further the organization’s objectives
- Plan and execute social media campaigns
- Manage, maintain and update PWM’s website
- Manage and adhere to a Communications budget as given by General Manager
- Manage and compile calls from the community that would benefit artists that PWM closely works with (i.e. Playwrights, Translators, Dramaturgs)
- Track and promote PWM-developed plays once they go into production
- Assist the General Manager in the creation and follow through of recognition and crediting contracts with PWM collaborators
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices
- Respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists and other members of the press
- 3+ years experience in a communications or marketing role
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- An analytical mind and ability to think critically
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills in both English and French
- Experience in the design, execution and distribution of digital and print materials (posters, postcards, ads, etc)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of WordPress, SEO and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of G Suite, MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint, Photoshop, and social media platforms
- Knowledge of CiviCRM, HTML coding, photography, and video editing is an asset
- Knowledge of email marketing software such as Mailchimp
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices
- Comfort with managing multiple projects at the same time and ability to adapt
Graduate of communications, marketing, and/or public relations program or equivalent.
Please email your Cover Letter and CV to Lesley Bramhill, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Application Communications Coordinator”. Please include one writing example (your choice of a press release, a brochure, a social media post, etc) and one digital or print design example (a poster, postcard, image that was shared online, etc). Applications should also include a minimum of 3 references.
Candidates must submit applications by 12 noon on August 23, 2019. However, applications will be considered as they come in and interviews may be held prior to this date. Ideally, the selected candidate will begin training sometime the week of August 26, 2019 and take over the position as of the week of September 3, 2019.
Playwrights’ Workshop Montreal is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. We strongly encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups, including but not limited to: those whose lives have been impacted by illness or disability*, BIPOC communities, LGBTQIIA+ communities, newcomers to Canada and from all groups who experience marginalization. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter if they are comfortable doing so.
All applicants are thanked for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.