The Contemporary Circus Commissioning Initiative (CCCI) is a new, international collaborative effort by Assembly Festival, Chamäleon Productions, and TOHU founded to commission and present high-quality new works for the field of contemporary circus. This first-of-its-kind network offers contemporary circus artists and companies access to diverse funding structures and a sustainable production model. By providing performance opportunities and professional guidance, CCCI aims to facilitate the long-term success of companies in this dynamic but often under-resourced artistic discipline, and to contribute to the further professionalization of contemporary circus.
The Contemporary Circus Commissioning Initiative announces its first call for submissions: An original new work in the field of contemporary circus will be selected, commissioned and presented internationally, with first public performances scheduled for August 2020. Visionary contemporary circus artists and companies are invited to apply for this groundbreaking opportunity. Once selected and tested, the commissioned project will enjoy a guaranteed series of performance engagements with the CCCI partners.
Who can apply
The CCCI invites proposals from experienced contemporary circus artists and companies with a successful, proven international touring track record. Concepts should meet the following criteria:
– Demonstrate an artistically fresh and unique approach
– Offer a clear artistic vision and creation schedule
– Involve no more than 10 stage performers
– Intended show duration of approximately 90 minutes, plus an intermission
– Adaptable to a range of stages with a range of dimensions, including the following: 12 x 6m stage; 4.5m high
How to apply
A full project pitch should include:
– Detailed explanation of show concept/artistic idea
– Video examples of existing work
– Introduction to the creative team
– Number of artists (if possible creative bios)
– Technical requirements
– Project budget
– Realistic creation schedule based on a premiere date in August 2020 and an initial run until February 2021
Artists and companies are invited tosend their project pitches in English and by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: CCCI 2020. Submission deadline is August 19, 2019 at 18:00 GMT.
Source/for more information, visit