SUPERNOVA PRODUCTIONS will be holding auditions for its upcoming production of “Drama: Pilot Episode” written by Karen Hines and directed by Jasmine Winter.
Supernova Productions is an independent Montreal-based theatre company whose aim is to create spaces that explore and push back against the boundaries faced in our current technological climate through innovative modes of storytelling.
AUDITIONS will be held on the evenings of August 19th-22nd, callbacks TBD. The show will run in November 2019 at Theatre Saint-Catherine. Deadline to submit is Friday August 16th.
SYNOPSYS: Penelope Douglas is an ex–forensic psychiatrist looking for a fresh start in a western boomtown grown three sizes too crazy. But then a television writer offs himself in her sleek bathroom and her oil-wife friend pronounces Penelope her baby’s godmother. Will she be able to find heart in this wild and soulless landscape? Will she have to smudge her lipstick to “cowboy up”? Drama, a new play by the master of edgy dark humour, has all the answers.
- THE SAGE: A renegade frontier psychiatrist. Ageless. Ambiguous.
- FYG: A fifteen-year-old girl. A spirit. An infinite understanding of the preciousness of life.
- DR. PENELOPE DOUGLAS, M.D., Ph.D.: Early thirties. An ex-forensic psychiatrist who has fled her post at the Toronto morgue to counsel the living in an oil town. A bright mind. A dim spirit.
- COLUMBIA: Early thirties. Penelope’s oldest friend. An Oil Wife.
- NOAH: Late twenties or early thirties. A young Content Provider in the television industry. Then, a ghost.
- DEEDEE: A Decision Maker in the television industry. Late thirties. Never without her small baby.
- LILY: Twenties. An Actress in the television industry.
Actors of all ethnicities, POC and non-binary artists are encouraged to apply. Interested actors should send their headshot or a recent photo and resume to email@example.com with the subject AUDITION SUBMISSION DRAMA [YOUR NAME].