The Quebec Drama Federation (QDF) is currently seeking a part-time (8-10hrs/week) Administrative Coordinator with a one-year contract beginning on August 5, 2019. The position pays $150-$180/week.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for ensuring efficient office systems and processes. The Administrative Coordinator will maintain records (financial, governmental, etc.); participate in the development and implementation of new administrative policies and processes; and assist in all elements of data entry and reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains digital and physical office records and documentation
- Liaises with various parties to gather and share relevant information while maintaining confidentiality of information
- Keeps pertinent accounts payable and receivable records and handles relevant inquiries
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial updates and spreadsheets for reconciliation purposes
- Assists with all banking requirements – cheques, deposits, etc.
- Assists on all regulatory and funding bodies’ reporting as required
- Assists in the development and implementation of new administrative policies and processes.
- Dependable, punctual, team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, adapting to changing priorities as necessary
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Practical knowledge of non-profit administrative systems and basic accounting skills are essential
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel), accounting software (Quickbooks), and database management
- Familiar with grant reporting systems
- Fluent in English and French
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Eager to work collaboratively with a small but dedicated staff, Board of Directors and the talented artists of Quebec
Candidates are asked to send a CV and comprehensive Cover Letter by environmentally friendly email (as attached PDF files) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include references.
Candidates must submit applications by Friday, July 19, 2019 at 3PM though applications will be considered as they come in and interviews may be held prior to this date. The selected candidate will begin training on the week of August 5, 2019 and take over the position as of the week of August 12, 2018.
QDF represents and gives voice to people who identify diversely across the spectrums of gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, and ability. Quebec Drama Federation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. We strongly encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups, including but not limited to: persons with disabilities, BIPOC communities, gender fluid, non-binary and gender non-conforming people, newcomers to Canada and from all groups who experience marginalization. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter if they are comfortable doing so. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Located in Montreal Quebec, the Quebec Drama Federation (QDF) is a membership organization that exists to support English-language theatre companies, artists and their artistic expressions in Quebec. This support manifests itself through leadership, collaborations with partners and stakeholders in the community, promotion of the artists and companies, professional development and identification of the role of theatre in the community at large.