When: October 12 to 19, 2019
Where: Estérel, Québec
Playwrights’ Workshop Montreal is proud to announce a new initiative in partnership with Anna Dupuis Zuckerman focused on the development of new plays by English Language Québec female and female-identifying playwrights. This seven-day residency is specifically tailored to support the development of work by mid-career playwrights, offering the time and space to think, write and exchange ideas in a quiet environment. The only scheduled events are meals and a daily late afternoon discussion session. Dramaturg Fatma Sarah Elkashef will be present for dramaturgical consultation.
Location: Peaceful, welcoming, spacious family home on Lac Dupuis in Esterel, part of the Laurentian mountains. As we approach one of the oldest stones on earth, the breath grows stronger, a wholeness, a peace settles. Memories and futures entwine, and stories reveal themselves.
– The residency will take place over seven days
– PWM Dramaturg Fatma Sarah Elkashef will be the residency dramaturg
– Focus on female and female-identifying mid-career English Language Québec playwrights
– Transportation, accommodations and food will be covered by the residency
– An honorarium will be given to each selected participant
– The menu is vegetarian, but can accommodate fish
– The residency is designated sober-living and scent-free
– No pets are allowed
– Accessibility: Uneven cobblestone driveway (not wheelchair accessible).
Accommodation details: Each participant will have a private room and quiet workspace. There are 2 shared bathrooms for 5 artists.
Submission deadline: August 1, 2019
Notification of selected projects: August 16, 2019
In a single PDF file please send the following:
– A short description of your project.
– A short explanation of how a 7-day writers residency would benefit the project and your work as a writer.
– A ten page sample of the play (maximum).
– A bio and CV.