Repercussion Theatre is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, creative and outgoing individual to join its team! The Communications Assistant (in coordination with Director of Communications) will help with planning and executing the communications/marketing strategy for Repercussion’s 2019 Shakespeare-in-the-Park production, as well as other activities before and after the tour.
Repercussion Theatre is committed to equity and diversity in its exploration of the Bard’s work in today’s world, and so applicants from all cultural backgrounds, abilities and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Timeframe: 30 weeks (7 months), starting early April 2019
Salary: Approximately 35 hrs/week, $14/hour (weekly schedule to be discussed)
Duties include assisting the Director of Communications in:
- Coordinating design and printing of on-site promo materials (posters, flyers, sandwich boards, banners, etc.)
- Updating website and social media
- Providing PR support to our publicist
- Developing marketing strategies to promote the shows in the boroughs and cities to which we tour
- Liaising with parks for various marketing and communication needs
- Be on site at some performances during the Shakespeare-in-the-Park tour (July 11-August 11, 2019)
Other duties may include:
- Assisting in fundraising activities
- Assisting in other admin and office work as needed
Necessary skills and abilities:
- Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Word Press, Social Media Platforms, basic design software, etc.
- Skills in graphic design, photoshop or other media skills will be considered an asset
- Bilingual (Excellent English language / grammar skills, written & oral; proficiency in written and spoken French)
- Attention to detail, and strong communication & organizational skills
- Ability to work independently andwork well as part of a team
- Comfort with juggling multiple projects at the same time and ability to adapt to a variety of situations
Please email a cover letter and resume to Linnea Jimison, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21, 2019.
Please note that the successful candidate should be eligible for the Emploi Quebec Wage Subsidy Program Subvention Salariale. In order to find out if you are eligible, you need to go to your Local Employment Centre (CLE) and get an official letter.