Repercussion Theatre is looking for a Production Manager!
The Production Manager works with the Artistic Director, Operations Manager and Technical Director to oversee the company’s summer Shakespeare-in-the-Park tour. The ideal candidate has experience as a Production Manager on a touring show, and is keen to help motivate and coach our production team (which includes emerging theatre-makers). The show is in a different park each night, so a driver’s license is a major asset!
Duties include (but are not limited to) :
Leading up to the tour
- Work with the AD and TD to set up the Master Production schedule
- Work with AD and TD to Hire production team.
- Advise Operations Manager on CTA contracts
- Monitor the Production Budget based on provided figures and adjust according to the needs of the design and the tour. Consult with AD and OM regarding major changes
- Work with AD to arrange rehearsal spaces (indoor and outdoor) as needed.
- Work with Operations Manager and/or TD to liaise with park representatives regarding production requirements and to make sure that everything conforms to the technical rider. Visit parks as needed.
- Plan the List of Drivers and cull all driver licenses for insurance and records.
- Organize the company road book
- Review Daily Schedule and production notes with designers for urgent requests and assign tasks if necessary.
- Purchase supplies as needed and manage petty cash and receipts
- As necessary, assist designers in the execution of their design.
Tour (July 11th – early August) – Be present at approximately 16/28 shows
- Oversee daily set-up and strike of stage, lights, sound.
- Follow up/forecast production and technical difficulties, equipment wear and tear, and re-supply purchases. Formulate solutions with AD and assistants.
- Consult with AD daily to assess weather conditions and make decisions about moving indoors/cancelling shows.
- Hire extra crew/security as needed.
- Monitor health and safety and ensure proper record-keeping is taking place.
- Prep for strike and returns.
- Collect SM production book, and collect exit notes.
- Finalize budget.
- Create a detailed expense report for the Operations Manager and review with them
Please send a cv and letter of interest to Amanda Kellock at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15th, 2019.