Repercussion Theatre is now accepting submissions for our 2019 summer tour of Shakespeare-in-the-Park, which will play across Montreal and beyond in July/August. We are seeking actors who have experience working with Shakespeare (or at least a love of the language), are skilled in physical theatre, and are excited about working outdoors in all kinds of weather. Please note that our actors help with striking the set at the end of each performance. This tour is not glamourous, but it can be glorious.
We are a PACT company committed to bringing emerging and established artists together; so we are looking for primarily CAEA actors, but will also hire at least 2 Non-Equity emerging actors for the show. We are also committed to reflecting the amazing diversity of Montreal, and highly encourage actors from all backgrounds and identity expressions to apply.
Auditions will take place on Feb 11, 12, & 13 (9am – 4pm) with callbacks on February 25
Candidates selected for an audition are asked to prepare:
- A Shakespearean monologue of your choice (no longer than 2 minutes);
- A song and/or special skill (i.e. playing an instrument, juggling, stage combat, etc. – no more than 2 minutes)
To submit, please email:
- Your cv (in Word doc or PDF ONLY)
- A headshot (in PDF or JPEG format ONLY)
- A short message in the body of the email indicating why you want to be part of Shakespeare-in-the-Park and what part(s) you are interested in to email@example.com by January 29th 2019 (5pm).
Agents – please do not send bulk submissions with links. If submitting clients, please submit individually, following the format above.
Actors whose work is well-known to the director are encouraged to send an email indicating interest, as well as an updated headshot and cv for our files. Shakespeare-in-the-Park is not for everyone, so unless you reach out, we won’t assume you’re interested.
General Information about the production:
Play: Measure for Measure
Director: Amanda Kellock
Shakespeare Coach: Bryan Doubt
Rehearsals start June 3rd; the first 3 weeks will be pro-rated over 4 weeks.
Performances: July 11th – August 11th
There will be a Shakespeare workshop in April – dates TBD
Roles (subject to change):
- Isabella (and Froth)
- Duke Vincentio
- Angelo (and Abhorson)
- Escalus (and Barnardine)
- Claudio (and Elbow)
- Mariana (and Mistress Overdone and Francisca)
- Juliet (and Messenger/attendant)
- Pompey (and Friar Peter Thomas)