Founded in 1968, Youtheatre is Quebec’s oldest professional theatre company producing work for young audiences. With a mandate to create and develop compelling new work for audiences in Montreal, Youtheatre also regularly tours its productions on a regional and national level in both official languages.
Position: General Manager
Application Deadline: Feb 01, 2019
Start Date: May 01, 2019
Salary Range: 40K – 60K
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Upper management
Employee Benefits: Other (e.g. flex time, comp tickets, etc.)
Check Additional Info section for more Employee Benefits
Location: Montreal, Quebec
- Coordinate all administrative, financial and operational activities of the organization. This includes:
- Forecast and oversee annual budget;
- Provide cash flow projections and budgetary forecast and report financial activities to the Board;
- Establish, maintain and monitor operating procedures and systems of control for all financial transactions and government compliance matters; and
- Manage banking and bookkeeping activities, including but not limited to salaries, deposits and bookkeeping and disbursements (Bookkeeping experience is not mandatory, but is an asset).
Fundraising and Grant Writing
- Planning and execution of all grant activities (CCA, CALQ, and CAM, Ville de Montréal as well as all foundations and corporate grants);
- Organize and manage fundraising campaigns and events; and
- Prospect, secure and steward potential corporate sponsors as well as the support of foundations and private donors.
General Office Management
- Maintain day-to-day office operations;
- Hire, train and supervise administrative staff and volunteers; and
- Negotiate all employee and artistic contracts.
Marketing & Communications
- Manage all promotional campaigns and communications materials.
- Undertake long-range planning with the Artistic Director(s);
- Represent Youtheatre at meetings and conferences within the professional artistic community; and
- Work to maintain the integrity of Youtheatre’s mandate and vision.
- B.A or B.Com Degree;
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with a professional arts organization;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in both English and French;
- Financial acumen, experience in producing budgets and financial reports;
- Bookkeeping background and knowledge of Sage Simply Accounting is an asset;
- Experience with fundraising and grant writing;
- Self-management skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate effectively and promote a positive team environment;
- Ability to manage several projects at once; and
- Knowledge of policies and agreements such as PACT, TUEJ, CAEA, UDA, APASQ is an asset.
The General Manager reports directly to the Artistic Director(s). Start date is May 1st, but we can be flexible to accomodate the successful candidate, if needed.
How to Apply:
Please submit CV and cover letter to Janna Smith at email@example.com.