The National Theatre School of Canada (NTS) is seeking an entrepreneurial, dynamic, and creative force to help design and deliver the communications strategy for its exciting new programs. Since 2016, NTS has added a broad range of programs to build a more diverse and inclusive community at the school, growing from 160 participants at the school to over 7500 in the past 12 months.
The Manager – Marketing and Business Strategy is responsible for the communications for all these new programs, helping to develop a new community of engaged stakeholders that will populate the new programs. This community consists of youth and adults who will participate in both free and paid programming.
The chosen candidate will have strong community building skills, be extremely comfortable with the commercial aspect of this role, and will be enticed by the idea of being a key part of something new at a renowned cultural institution. More specifically, the Manager – Marketing and Business Strategy will:
- Evaluate the performance of various communication tools and suggest new strategies.
- Implement marketing and profitability strategies for new initiatives, in particular for the theatre festival and community programs.
- Develop, manage, and optimize interactions and relationships with various clienteles.
- Develop media relationships.
- University degree in marketing or related field;
- 4 to 6 years of successful experience in marketing, database management, and new media publicity;
- Experience with revenue-generating strategies (within the educational or festival sector is an asset);
- Demonstrated interest in new market-entry trends and experience with an advertising agency are assets;
- Perfectly bilingual, oral and written;
- Facility for negotiation and sales;
- Leadership and creativity;
- Excellent strategic and marketing instincts;
- Independent with exceptional organizational skills;
- Ability to manage several files at once;
- Demonstrated talent for collaboration and teamwork;
- Ability to follow schedules and meet deadlines;
- Ability to make quick and smart decisions;
- Open spirit and global perspective at all times;
- Keen interest in the cultural sector.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV, along with a cover letter describing what makes you an ideal candidate, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearly state “Application: Manager – Marketing and Business Strategy” in the subject line.
Application deadline: August 30, 2018.
NTS wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will receive a reply.
View the original job posting at https://ent-nts.ca/en/manager-marketing-and-business-strategy
ABOUT THE NATIONAL THEATRE SCHOOLThe National Theatre School is the premier professional training institution for theatre artists in the country. We offer high-quality training programs in both official languages to the actors, directors, designers, production specialists, and writers of tomorrow. Through its artistic pursuits and work culture, NTS promotes values of collaboration, transparency, flexibility, and customer service. www.ent-nts.ca