Do you have professional stage experience both in singing and acting? Full of charisma, not afraid of heights?
The Cirque du Soleil Casting team is looking for a female singer/actress of Asian heritage to play the role of an empress in a new creation opening in March 2019.
Location: Hangzhou, China.
Relocation to China around mid-October, 2018.
Training and rehearsal: in China, starting on November 4th, 2018.
Soft premiere: March 2019.
- Elegant woman of Asian heritage;
- between 30-50 years old;
- in good physical condition;
- sings in gibberish (invented language).
- Ability to portray the character’s traits;
- Professional stage experience in singing (any vocal range) and acting;
- Musical Theater Background an asset;
- Willing to relocate to China;
- No fear of heights.
If you meet these requirements, please submit your application, including:
- Your resumé;
- Two photos (one headshot and one full-body shot);
- Video excerpts of the following elements:
- A one-minute maximum presentation to the camera: tell us your name, general background and the reasons for your interest in joining Cirque du Soleil;
- A recent performance or rehearsal footage in which we can see you sing and act;
- A demonstration of any special or unique talents you may have (dance, acrobatics, aerial, circus arts, sport, etc.).
Deadline for submissions: August 26th, 2018.
Apply now to be part of this new creation: https://cirk.me/2M9hcA2