Centaur Theatre Company seeks an Administrative Assistant for its 50th Anniversary season. This seasonal position is Monday to Friday 35 hours/week with the occasional evening and weekend work and comes with a benefit package after 3 months. The anticipated employment dates are September 10th to May 25th 2019. The position works for the Artistic & Executive Director and General Manager and collectively with other department heads.
- preparing contracts, arranging auditions, artists travel and accommodations
- administrative tasks – minutes, contact lists, correspondence for management
- opening night invitations,
- proof reading of outgoing copy
- coordination of website updates
Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
- 2-3 years of office experience
- Excellent administrative skills, ideally in an arts environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good computer skills with Word, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook
- Ability to work as part of a team
This position is best suited to someone who thrives in a fast-paced team environment with constantly shifting demands and challenges. Must possess an upbeat attitude, be adaptable and possess excellent people skills. Experience in working in performing arts is an asset.
Deadline for submission is August 8th. Interviews will take place August 15 to 17th.
Centaur Theatre is committed to an inclusive workplace and encourages all prospective applicants who self-identify as members of under-represented communities to submit.
Submit your CV’s with cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted after August 13th.
Read the official job posting at https://centaurtheatre.com/hr.html