Reporting to the Artistic & Executive Director and the General Manager, the Artistic and Administrative Assistant will support the PWM team on a variety of artistic and administrative tasks and projects. Over the next six months, the individual will support several development workshops with artists across Canada. The individual will also gain knowledge in fundraising for arts organizations by assisting with PWM’s year-end fundraising campaign and providing support to the General Manager on a variety of fundraising proposals.
Work Schedule: This position will begin in September 2018 and end in March 2019 (specific beginning and end dates T.B.C). Working hours are 9-5PM, with some evening and weekends.
Must be eligible for Emploi-Québec’s Subvention Salariale program: http://www.emploiquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/citizens/starting-a-new-job/employment-integration-programs/wage-subsidy/ (Interview priority will be given to those who have already obtained their EQ eligibility letter.)
Duties & Responsibilities:
General Artistic Support
– Assisting the Artistic and Executive Director with PWM’s artistic calendar, coordinating artist availabilities and confirming dates with artists
– Coordinating development workshop needs and materials including space set up, scripts, lighting, sound and projection requirements
– Event planning including PWM’s upcoming Annual General Meeting and support for public readings
– Coordinating studio rentals including key and alarm code issuance, and rental documentation
– Updating PWM’s database with the outcomes of all artistic projects and events, and filing paperwork with the appropriate artistic associations or funding body
– Collecting artist feedback for granting purposes
– Update and maintain PWM’s script library, and implement an effective PWM archival system of production programs
– Assisting with PWM’s programs including the Young Creators Unit, the Cole Competition for Emerging Translators
General Administrative Support
– Studio, office and inventory maintenance – including ordering of supplies and maintaining a clean studio and office space
– Taking staff meeting minutes, and storing them in G SUITE
Answering the PWM telephone, responding to public inquiries and the daily checking of voicemail
– Assist in maintaining accurate newsletter lists of artists, donors and members
– Administrative processing of monthly donations in PWM’s database
– Assist in maintaining clean filing systems
– Assisting the General Manager with fundraising and development tasks such as: assisting with PWM’s spring fundraiser, writing grant and sponsorship proposals and assisting with the coordination of the PWM Fundraising Committee.
Education & Experience:
Post-secondary education in a discipline relating to nonprofit or arts management, business administration or theatre and/or 1-2 years’ experience working for a non-profit, arts organization or equivalent.
Desired Skills & Aptitudes:
– Strong attention to detail
– Strong email writing skills, with the ability to manage a high volume of emails
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French (Advanced level in English written and verbal, Intermediate in French written and verbal)
– Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask, while also helping others to stay organized
– Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and communicate in a team setting with staff, the board of directors and volunteers
– Ability to communicate with the general public, donors and funders in a professional and friendly manner
– Excellent problem solver
– Knowledge of MS Office programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Access), Gmail, G SUITE, Google Calendar and Mailchimp, knowledge and experience using databases is a plus
Demonstrated experience working in a non-profit organizations a plus
How to apply: Send your resume and cover letter to Lesley Bramhill at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 6, 2018. In your cover letter, mention the status of your EQ eligibility letter.
Read the originally published job posting at https://www.playwrights.ca/2018/06/27/were-hiring-an-artistic-and-administrative-assistant/