This is performing arts marketing, communications and media relations work to produce promotional material for Teesri Duniya Theatre. The incumbent identifies and develops marketing and communication strategies to promote and support the theatre’s objectives, goals and external market position. The incumbent is primarily responsible for media relations, producing calendars, programs, brochures, web content, and other promotional material. The incumbent reports to the Art Director and works with a small, amazing team. Teesri Duniya is eager to find the right fit for its “family”, which is very important to its work site. The company offers flexible hours, based on a 20-hour work week / 4 days / week schedule. This position is categorized as regular part-time and is paid at 15$/hour.
- Responsible for the integrated branding of Teesri Duniya Theatre and its magazine: alt.theatre;
- Collaborates with alt.theatre’s Community Manager to ensure marketing strategies are constant;
- Organize Marketing campaigns to promote Teesri Duniya and alt.theatre magazine;
- Writes, prepares, edits all promotional material;
- Identifies and develops marketing and communications strategies;
- Advises on the most effective method of communicating;
- Plans, coordinates and executes promotional displays for Teesri Duniya events;
- Maintains Teesri Duniya’s website;
- Production of monthly newsletters including, but not limited to: writing, sourcing and editing;
- Content, coordinating graphic design and distribution;
- Performs other duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the position.
- A university degree in Marketing, Communication, or other relevant field.
- Considerable knowledge of marketing and communication policies, procedures and work methods preferably within the performing arts industry;
- Thorough knowledge of effective writing styles for diversified groups and the ability to apply these styles to writing, editing and proofreading;
- Above average command of English spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- Considerable knowledge of the performing arts industry, with a focus on theatre would be an asset;
- Ability to work independently and remain focused in a sometimes-hectic environment.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter by email at email@example.com, no later than May 18, 2018. For more information about Teesri Duniya Theatre, please visit the website at: www.teesriduniyatheatre.com.