The Quebec Drama Federation (QDF) is currently seeking a part-time (25 hours/week) Managing Director with a contract beginning on May 7, 2018. The salary is $27,000 + 4% vacation pay, payable in correspondence with net amounts after all standard employment deductions.
Reporting to the QDF Board of Directors, the Managing Director is responsible for the direction of the financial, administrative, and promotional development of the QDF. The Managing Director ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the QDF, nurtures relationships with all sectors of the QDF membership, and provides professional support to the Board of Directors.
Read the official job posting at: https://quebecdrama.org/qdf-managing-director-job-posting/
Description of key responsibilities:
- Preparation of the annual budget in collaboration with the Treasurer, and with the final approval of the Board and its Finance Committee
- Handling or supervising all banking requirements – reconciliations, deposits, etc
- Managing cash flow and identifying variances
- Reporting regularly to the Board of QDF on budget progress: monthly financial reports, cash flow forecasts, profit budgets and profitability statements, financial analysis, monitoring of performance against budget, and the initiating of corrective action (such as income stabilisation and deficit reduction plans) for Board approval
- Having cheque-signing authority as determined by the Board;
- Organizing Board Meetings, distributing Board material, publishing and safeguarding Board Agendas, Minutes and policies
- Attending Board Meetings as a staff member
- Maintaining Board Insurance
- Providing leadership and support with respect to the various activities of QDF;
- Representing QDF and its members in the theatre community (ie. professional, independent, and community sectors), and to governmental bodies and other organisations
- Submitting interim reports to, and communicate with granting agencies
- Managing payroll, including employee records, T4s and T4As, Records of Employment, pay cheques, remittances to Revenue Canada and Revenue Quebec;
- Liaising with various stakeholders of the QDF (members, funders, Board Members, etc.)
- Supporting the day-to-day activities of the office, and administrative and accounting procedures.
- Managing the facilities of the QDF
- Creative manager and strategic planner with demonstrated leadership skills
- Minimum 2 years’ progressive experience in professional Canadian Theatre
- Eager to work collaboratively with a small but dedicated staff, Board of Directors and the talented artists of Montreal
- A skilful communicator, verbally and in writing, who is willing and able to represent Montreal English language theatre to its audience, the wider public and the Montreal Theatre community
- Spoken and written French are requirements.
- Experience in working with a non-profit board of directors would be an asset.
Candidates are asked to send a c.v. and comprehensive cover letter by environmentally friendly email (as attached Microsoft Word or PDF files) to email@example.com. Applications should include references.
Submission Deadline: Friday April 20th, 2018
Start Date: Monday, May 7th, 2018
Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Quebec Drama Federation (QDF) is a membership organization that exists to support English-language theatre companies, artists and their artistic expressions in Quebec. This support manifests itself through leadership, collaborations with partners and stakeholders in the community, promotion of the artists and companies, professional development and identification of the role of theatre in the community at large.
QDF represents and lobbies on behalf of companies and individuals involved in English-language theatre to government agencies, arts organizations, and community groups at all levels. QDF develops new audiences by promoting English-language theatre to the general public, the tourism sector, and the arts community itself. It further creates a network for its members and provides them with specialized resources to facilitate career and creative development in all aspects of theatre arts.
Members include individuals involved in theatre in Quebec as well as interested people from outside Quebec: Actors, Playwrights, Directors, Designers, Stage Managers, Technicians, Administrators, Educators & Students. Professional Theatre companies, Independent Theatre companies, Community Theatre companies & Training Institutions, Acting/Casting Agents and Service Organizations.