NUVO Musical Theatre, Montreal’s newest community theatre troupe, is proud to announce a call for auditions for its upcoming production : the energetic MAMMA MIA! – The Musical. This show will be running in Montreal during the month of November 2018 for one week.
“We are currently looking for 20 cast members who will be performing this English language production, with huge success on Broadway, which includes some of the biggest hits by ABBA. This show has a large ensemble with a lot of energy, big choreographies and songs. Each performer is essential.
MAMMA MIA! features music and lyrics by Bjorn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson and libretto by Catherine Johnson.
- DONNA SHERIDAN – Sophie’s mother. Owner of the hotel Villa Donna. Mezzo-Soprano (Belt)
- SOPHIE SHERIDAN – Donna’s 20-year-old daughter, Sky’s fiancée. Soprano (Belt)
- SAM CARMICHAEL – Sophie’s possible father (or new step-father) and an Irish-American architect. Baritone
- HARRY BRIGHT – Sophie’s possible dad and a British banker. Tenor
- BILL AUSTIN – Sophie’s possible father, a Swedish sailor and travel writer. Baritone
- ROSIE MULLIGAN – One of Donna’s bandmates in Donna and the Dynamos; an unmarried fun-loving author.
- TANYA CHESHAM-LEIGH – Donna’s other former bandmate; a rich three-time divorcee. Mezzo-Soprano
- SKY – Sophie’s fiancé, designing a website for the hotel. Tenor
- PEPPER – Sky’s best man who likes Tanya. He is also Donna’s employee. Tenor
- EDDIE – With Pepper, is the bar-staff, waiter, boatman, and general help around the island. Baritone
- ALI – One of Sophie’s oldest friends and her bridesmaid. Mezzo-Soprano
- LISA – Another of Sophie’s friends and bridesmaid. Mezzo-Soprano
- FATHER ALEXANDRIOS – Priest who nearly marries Sophie and Sky, but ends up marrying Donna and Sam. Bass
- ENSEMBLE – 3 men and 4 women. The ensemble is very important, singing in most songs and dancing in high-energy numbers. The ability to sing complicated harmonies and learn big choreographies are a must. All types of personalities and voices are welcome for these roles.
To be considered, send an email to email@example.com before midnight, on April 27th, including:
- A 90 second video of you singing a song from a musical in the style of MAMMA MIA.
- A quick description of your dance training and skills.
- Your artistic resume (if you have one).
Those selected will receive, by email, a song and scene to work on and an audition time between May 14th and May 20th 2018. There will be a short dance callback after the private auditions for the ensemble and certain cast members.
Rehearsals will begin in mid-June. They will generally be either weeknights or late after-noon on Sundays. Rehearsal schedules will be given out to the selected cast.
To audition, you must be at least 16 years old. This is a non-union, volunteer production.
NUVO is a new community musical theatre company who wants to bring forth musical theatre in Montreal, in both French and English, as professional as possible while being affordable. This organisation was created by musical theatre aficionados with one goal : please both artists and audience, by bringing original and energetic new productions. Trying to push up-and-coming performers, it will be producing many shows in the near-future for your entertainment.