Geordie Productions is searching for an organized, independent, and personable team player to fill the position of Box Office and Administrative Coordinator.
“Geordie is a Montreal based Anglophone theatre company entering its 37th season. We produce thought-provoking and socially engaged works and offer entertaining theatre for all ages. We have a great interest in promoting the development of theatre in Montreal and fostering professional development of all professional theatre practitioners.”
- Box Office Management
The Box Office and Administrative Coordinator is generally the first point of contact with the patrons of Geordie Productions, promoting the shows and providing information to the general public regarding Geordie Productions and its theatrical season, both by telephone, by email and in person. She/he will then:
– Work with our database program Theatre Manager and our website to process Mainstage single ticket and subscription sales (via phone, mail, and internet) and exchanges.
– Assume box office duties for Mainstage shows.
– With the Audience and Development Coordinator, solicit group sales for Mainstage shows.
- Volunteer Management
– Assist the Audience and Development coordinator in scheduling and training volunteers.
– Manage volunteers at Mainstage shows.
- Event Coordination
– Assist in the conception of fundraising events
– Produce invitation lists, monitor registrations to events and encourage attendance of invitees
– Provide logistical support to the event (set up, decoration, etc)
- Administrative Coordination
– Take responsibility for general administrative duties, such as answering phone calls, database management, word processing, and light office maintenance
– IT: Ticket printer, Canon, phone lines, Computers, Internet, website
– Maintain and fix equipment problems minimizing financial output by the company
– Communicate with technicians
– Recommend the purchase of new equipment
– With Communications Manager and Audience and Development Coordinator, maintain the website to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date
– Provide administrative support to the Artistic Director and General Manager as required.
The job is a full-time position. The successful candidate must be bilingual and will also have an impeccable work ethic, be very organized and be able to equally appreciate the challenges and joys of working in a very fast-paced, liberal, creative, and demanding environment. If circumstances warrant the Box Office and Administrative Coordinator, along with all members of the Geordie Productions team, must show a willingness to contribute to certain and occasional demands that may fall outside his/her own domain. We encourage all to apply that are willing and able to demonstrate their passion for the theatre, a strong willingness to learn, and a commitment to working hard in a collaborative environment.
The candidate must have already been declared eligible for the Wage Subsidy program through Emploi Quebec before applying (please include a letter as proof in your application).
Start Date: Monday, August 7th, 2017
Geordie is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send a cover letter and resume by environmentally friendly email to firstname.lastname@example.org as attached Microsoft Word or PDF files. Applications should include references.
Montréal, QC H4C 3B1