Labyrinth Stage Productions presents QUEEN OF CHESED by Claudia Litvak Polachek & Pearl Rothenberg.
When: June 1, 5, 8, 2017, from 7 to 9pm
Call-backs: June 12, 2017
Show dates: November 15 & 16, 2017
Venue: Outremont Theatre, 1248 Bernard Ave.West
Rehearsals are one evening a week (Mondays or Tuesdays) and occasionally Sunday afternoons from the end of July to November. This is a semi-professional production; Equity members will be considered.
An original production, Queen of Chesed is a dramatic comedy. “Chesed” is a Hebrew word meaning “acts of loving kindness”. It is loosely based on the life of Faigie, a dynamic, religious Jewish woman who opens her Crown Heights (Brooklyn) home to the needy. Homeless, hungry and lonely people come for a meal and often stay indefinitely.
- Faigie: an intelligent, strong-willed and controlling woman in her 60s.
- Tatti: Faigie’s husband in his late 60s (Note-Tatti- will be played by Sam Stein)
- Sarah: 19-year-old daughter, who lives in her mother’s shadow.
- Yossi: 21-year old son.
- Moishie: 12-year- old son.
- Charlie the Button Man: in his mid-60’s is one of the homeless guests.
- Ethel Merman: in her early 70s, is a very dramatic woman who really believes she is THE star.
- John: in his mid to late 20s; is the immigrant handyman with an Argentinian accent.
- Zalman the Shikker (drunk): in his late 60’s.
- Principal: male in his 30s to 40s at Moishie’s school.
- Reporter: Female, over 30.
To submit, please send your acting resume and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your preferred audition date and what part you are auditioning for.
Read the original audition call at http://labyrinthstageproductions.ca/queen-of-chesed/