Repercussion Theatre is excited to announce its 2017 Shakespeare-in-the-Park production:
Shakespeare’s tragic comedy, Much Ado About Nothing
Read the original audition notice at www.repercussiontheatre.com
Director: Amanda Kellock
Contract: June 12th to August 6th (with a possible extension until August 13th)
We are currently accepting submissions for the following roles.:
- Signiora Leonata (note gender switch) – woman over 40
- Don Pedro – man in his 40’s
- Lady Beatrice – woman over 30
- Don John/Dogberry – open to interpretation
- Hero (will also play the watch) – woman in her 20’s
- Margaret (will also play the watch) – woman of any age
- Ursula (has absorbed the character of Conrad) – woman of any age
- Count Claudio – man in his 20’s
- Borachio/Friar Francis – man of any age
- Balthazar/Verges – open to interpretation
Note: We highly encourage artists from any and all cultural/ethnic backgrounds to submit. (Repercussion is committed to representing the beautiful diversity of Montreal!)
This production will require actors that can move between lightening-quick comedy and deadly-real pathos, who are passionate about Shakespeare and physical theatre, and who aren’t afraid of a few mosquitoes. Note that Repercussion Theatre tours outdoors (in various kinds of weather!) and that actors in the show participate in the strike of the set.
Submit a headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 23, 2017.
Auditions will take place February 15 and 16, with callbacks on February 23.
Those chosen for an audition will be contacted by February 3, and sides will be provided. All auditioners should prepare a short song.
Note: we primarily hire members of CAEA, but as we have a strong focus on nurturing emerging talent, we also hire some actors who are returning students and/or who have not yet become members of Equity. In your submission, please indicate if you are a returning student (ie currently a full-time student and will be a full-time student in the Fall of 2017).