Reporting to the Executive Director, and working in tandem with Talisman Theatre staff, the primary duties of the Communications Coordinator will be to:
- Create a promotion / marketing plan for Talisman Theatre including:
- Developing and implementing a social media strategy including: the Talisman Theatre website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, on-line forums, ads, etc.
- Buying advertising for the company, its productions and events
- Assisting with ad sales and ad swaps in the program
- Audience Development
- Network, including:
- Attending community events to promote Talisman Theatre
- Coordinating opening night guest reservations
- Creating newsletters and coordinate mass mailings
- Creating and coordinating the program
- Creating the teacher’s guide
- Coordinating outreach to school groups and reservations
- Oversee the operation of the ‘office’, including:
- Managing physical and electronic filing and archiving, including:
- Updating database entries
- Treating incoming daily e-mail and follow-ups
- Organising various meetings (internal and board meetings)
- Following-up on actions decided in board meetings
- Supporting board member initiatives
Skills: The ideal candidate will have experience in theatre and will possess:
- A good command of French and English, both oral and written.
- Mastery of the main software (MS Office, WordPress, CiviCRM, Photoshop).
- A sense of organization and management of priorities
- Initiative, autonomy, diplomacy, and discretion in all matters
- A methodical, meticulous, and precise approach to all tasks
- Hours: Part-time / 16 hours per week
- Salary: $ 12K
- Duration: 46 weeks / year beginning January 16, 2017
Send a cover letter accompanied by your CV, by no later than Thursday, December 15, 5 pm, to Lyne Paquette at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.