These are the selection of shows happening in Montreal throughout this weekend of September 23rd-25th, 2016:
- Leila’s Death presented by Ali Chahrour is a ceremony of death brought to life by a mourner, a dancer and live musicians in a work that questions the relationship between the body and religion. Playing for two nights only (Friday and Saturday) at the MAI. TICKETS ($17-25)
- My Name is Asher Lev by Aaron Posner tells the powerful and moving story of a young Hasidic man divided by his art and his religion and it continues at the Segal Centre for the Performing Arts until October 2nd. TICKETS ($24-60)
- Damn Those Wedding Bells, the feel-good comedy by Tony Calabretta, is presented by Pellegrini Productions and it finishes its run at the Leonardo da Vinci Centre this Sunday the 25th. TICKETS ($40-50)
- Friends by Kobo Abe is A Kafkaesque nightmare about a family that physically intervenes to save a man from his loneliness. Presented by the Professional Theatre Program of Dawson College until Saturday the 24th. TICKETS (PWYC)
- A Shtetl Wedding is a special two-night-only concert revival of one of The Dora Wasserman Yiddish Theatre’s most popular productions at the Segal Centre Studio. SOLD OUT.