Repercussion Theatre is currently seeking a Pre-Tour Technical Director and a Touring Technical Director.
The Pre-Tour Technical Director will coordinate and plan all technical aspects of the production leading up to the opening weekend of the show. The Pre-Tour Technical Director’s duties include but are not limited to:
– liaising with the set designer, Director and PM to oversee the planning and building of the set;
– proposing solutions to technical challenges, and costing options as required by the design team;
– working with the production manager to make decisions regarding purchasing or renting the technical equipment for the tour;
– taking stock of current equipment and making proposals for updates or purchases as necessary;
– training (with the Pre-Production PM) and supervising the crew during the build, and as they learn how to set-up the stage, set, lighting and sound equipment
– creating a comprehensive touring plan for set-up and strike, for the Touring TD to follow;
– working with the Touring TD to prepare them for the tour.
– Pre-tour park visits as needed.
Contract runs from March 2016-July 10th 2016 (with the expectation that the Pre-Tour TD would be available by phone in case of emergency throughout the tour)
The successful candidate will have direct technical theatre training (or the demonstrable equivalent in professional experience), a variety of technical theatre experience and abilities (knowledge of carpentry/welding, theatre lighting, sound equipment, electrical equipment, etc), excellent leadership and communication skills, a desire to share knowledge, and a passion for theatrical collaboration.
The Touring Technical Director will accompany the show on tour and be responsible for the safe and efficient set-up and strike of the show, as well as ensuring that all technical aspects of the production run smoothly.The Touring Technical Director’s duties include but are not limited to:
– liaising with the Pre-Tour TD to learn best practices for set-up and maintenance of all technical aspects of the production;
– Conducting pre-tour park visits as needed.
-coordinating (with the Touring PM) and participating (with crew members) in the set-up of the stage, set, lights, sound equipment and SM booth for each show;
– coordinating (with the Touring PM) and participating (with crew members and actors) in the strike of all equipment each night;
– monitoring technical equipment for wear-and-tear and proposing solutions (with the Touring PM);
– supervising and providing leadership for fellow crew and technicians;
– the maintenance of theatrical touring equipment;
– the planning and follow-through of returning technical equipment at the end of the tour;
– may be required to operate a motor vehicle licensed to the theatre;
– may be required to operate a lighting or sound console for the theatre.
Contract runs from June 27th -August 12th 2016
The successful candidate will have direct technical theatre training (or the demonstrable equivalent in professional experience), a variety of technical theatre experiences and abilities (knowledge of carpentry/welding, theatre lighting, sound equipment, electrical equipment, etc), a valid driver’s license, an adventurous spirit, a positive approach to problem-solving, a strong enjoyment of lifting heavy things, and a passion for theatrical collaboration in an outdoor setting.
Please send a letter of interest and an updated CV to Amy-Susie Bradford at email@example.com no later than March 20th 2016
Read the original job posting here: http://repercussiontheatre.com/2016/03/13/technical-director/