MontrealTheatreHub.com is a labour of love – a profound love for the stage arts and for the extraordinary individuals who also share the adoration, appreciation, and respect towards it.
The idea for the site thus came from the desire to stitch even closer together the tight-knit tribe of Montreal theatre aficionados and create a digital platform for artists, production companies, arts organizations, industry professionals, and spirited theatregoers to network, share, and promote their work among a highly targeted and invested audience.
Suggestively named, the Hub was conceived to be a centralized source of information and resources for members of the local performing arts community at large, serving as an independent newscast, a comprehensive guide, and a loving home for us to unapologetically discuss all things plays and musicals happening around town.
Collaboration, connection, and cooperation are at the heart of the Hub; we’re here to acknowledge, applaud, and shine a light on the extraordinary individuals and organizations that ignite stages across Montreal and creatively contribute towards the cultural development of our vibrant city. Our mission resides not only in strengthening the ties among existing members of the community, but in reaching and inspiring new audiences to awaken to the magic of the theatre.
This site is a love letter to each and every single one of you and I hope you find in it a source of excitement, education, and enlightenment.
All my love!
Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Team of Contributors
Latest posts by Camila Fitzgibbon (see all)
- MoonCow Theatre presents new interpretation of classic feminist piece ‘Night Cows’ May 30 – June 1 - May 24, 2018
- FTA Review: Double bill “6 and 9” a mesmeric, meditative contemporary dance creation - May 24, 2018
- The Launch MTL: Nine indie Montreal theatre companies unveil their 2018-19 artistic seasons - May 23, 2018
Latest posts by Sandra D'Angelo (see all)
- Review: McGill Savoy Society presents a “spritely” Iolanthe - February 10, 2018
- Review: Opéra de Montréal presents “JFK” by Little & Vavrek at Place des Arts - January 28, 2018
- Review: Rossini’s “La Cenerentola” gets an enthusiastic reception at the Opéra de Montréal - November 13, 2017
Latest posts by Violette Kay (see all)
- Review: Sweets and Sorrow in Centaur’s “The Baklawa Recipe” - January 27, 2018
- Review: Cinematic portraits of Love in Artiste Inconnu’s “Mythomania” - November 17, 2017
- Review: Emotions run high in d2’s “Late Company” - November 10, 2017
Latest posts by Andrew Sawyer (see all)
- Review: Tantalus finds its creative muse in World Premiere of “Amuse Me” - December 11, 2017
- Review: Centaur Theatre ably stages a classic with “The 39 Steps” - November 19, 2017
- Fringe Review: “The Guest” makes the political personal in this must-see show - June 11, 2017
Latest posts by Veronica Schnitzer (see all)
- Review: Centaur’s “Bed and Breakfast” a captivating comedy on gay life - April 30, 2017
- Review: d2 productions and Mainline present poignant psychological drama “The Shadow Box” - April 22, 2017
- Review: “Kim’s Convenience” at the Segal milks comedy out of the Canadian immigrant story - March 12, 2017
Latest posts by Alisha Ruiss (see all)
- Interview: Director Peter Giser talks ‘HIS GIRL FRIDAY’ and what’s next for Snowglobe Theatre - December 1, 2017
- Review: Segal’s “Noises Off” enraptures with a riotous farce-within-a-farce - February 5, 2017
- Interview with Peter Giser, Director of Snowglobe Theatre’s ‘Much Ado About Nothing’ - January 11, 2017