Silk Road Institute issues a second casting call for its professional independent production of “The Domestic Crusaders” by Wajahat Ali and directed by Deborah Forde.
We are seeking actors who can play the following characters of South Asian descent:
- khulsoom/ami (mother), early- to mid-fifties.
- fatima (daughter), twenty-four years old.
- salahuddin/sal (elder son), twenty-seven years old. Kind of like a suave pitbull.
- hakim/dhada (grandfather) a man with discipline but beaten down by age.
- salman/abu (father), late fifties. Looks slightly haggard/tired.
- ghafur (younger son), Wearing average Western clothing, but also a black kufi.
Auditions will be held: Thursday July 12, 2018 1pm-5 pm at the Black Theatre Workshop rehearsal hall. Please prepare a 3-5 minute contemporary piece. You will also receive sides when you are booked for an audition.
Rehearsals will begin August 27. Show opens September 27th for a 2 week run. There is a possibility the production will then go onto Toronto for 2 performances.
Please send head shot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 9th . We appreciate your interest, but only actors selected for audition will be contacted.