Centaur Theatre has an opening for the position of Head Scenic Carpenter for its upcoming 50th Anniversary season. Centaur Theatre Company is the premier English language theatre in Montreal, creating or presenting six productions in addition to a variety of ancillary programming each season, from a local, national and international repertoire.
Job responsibilities include:
- Construction and set-up of all scenic elements for Centaur Theatre productions
- Costing and forecasting materials, additional labour and staff overtime required for each production
- Co-ordination of the operation of the Scene Shop in an efficient and safe pattern of work throughout the season
- Delegation of work and supervision of assistants
- Accurate tracking of materials
- Minimum two years experience as a Head Senic Carpenter or equivalent
- Familiarity with a wide range of construction materials and techniques
- Welding and metalwork experience an asset
- Ability to co-ordinate several projects at different stages of development
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Howard Mendelsohn, Production Manager, Centaur Theatre Company
Applications will be reviewed starting immediately.
While the Centaur thanks all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.