Located in Montreal Quebec, the Quebec Drama Federation (QDF) is a membership organization that exists to support English-language theatre companies, artists and their artistic expressions in Quebec. This support manifests itself through leadership, collaborations with partners and stakeholders in the community, promotion of the artists and companies, professional development and identification of the role of theatre in the community at large.
The QDF is currently seeking a part-time (25-30 hours/week) Marketing & Communications Coordinator with a contract beginning on June 26, 2018. The position pays $420/week, payable in correspondence with net amounts after all standard employment deductions.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for the planning and execution of QDF’s marketing and communications strategies. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will write, produce and distribute materials using QDF’s communications channels and will monitor and maintain the QDF website, blog, and social media platforms. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will ensure that all of QDF’s communications further QDF’s visions, goals and objectives and fully support its membership.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize and execute all promotional aspects of QDF programs, services, events, and initiatives
- Plan and execute social media campaigns and strategies
- Create and adhere to a marketing and communications budget
- Manage, maintain and update company website
- Compile and file post-event and monthly analytics reports
- Conduct interviews for QDFMusings blog and write promotional articles including interviews, profiles, and event coverage for QDF members
- Manage and compile online submissions for quarterly calendar, bi-weekly newsletter, and social media campaigns
- Design promotional materials such as posters and graphics for web
- Write press releases & liaise with the media
- Attend and provide live coverage of member events on behalf of QDF
- Assist with membership registration and renewal including payment processing & database maintenance
- Contribute and provide support to QDF’s advocacy activities
- Answer phones and general email inquiries
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Dependable, punctual, team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, adapting to changing priorities as necessary
- Strong organization and management skills
- Responsive and considerate of membership needs
- Practical knowledge of theatre environment is essential. Cultural policy and arts advocacy knowledge and an understanding of the broader performing arts landscape an asset.
- Familiar with design software, MailChimp, Microsoft office, Facebook, Twitter, website and database management
- Fluent in English and French spoken language
- Eager to work collaboratively with a small but dedicated staff, Board of Directors and the talented artists of Quebec
Candidates are asked to send a c.v. and comprehensive cover letter by environmentally friendly email (as attached Microsoft Word or PDF files) to email@example.com. Applications should include references.
Candidates must submit applications by Monday, June 18, 2018 at 5PM though applications will be considered as they come in and interviews may be held prior to this date. The candidate will begin training on the week of June 25, 2018 and take over the position as of the week of July 2, 2018.
QDF represents and gives voice to people who identify diversely across the spectrums of gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, and ability. Quebec Drama Federation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. We strongly encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups, including but not limited to: persons with disabilities, BIPOC communities, gender fluid, non-binary and gender non-conforming people, newcomers to Canada and from all groups who experience marginalization. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter if they are comfortable doing so. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Read the official posting at https://quebecdrama.org/job-posting-marketing-and-communications-coordinator/