Montreal theatre company Geordie Productions is currently searching for an organized, independent, and personable team player to fill the position of Schools Liaison.
Hours/Week: Monday to Friday: 8 AM to 1 PM (part-time)
Start of Contract: February 12, 2018 (includes two weeks of transition)
End of Contract: June 30, 2018 – possibility of renewal.
Summary of Position
The Schools Liaison is the primary contact in all negotiations and communications with schools. They are responsible for the booking of Geordie’s landmark activity – the 2Play Tour, as well as all Mainstage School Matinee performances. The Schools Liaison supports the vision of the company as provided by the Artistic Director, and works under the direct supervision of the Managing Director.
The successful candidate must be bilingual and will also have an impeccable work ethic, be very organized, goal-oriented and be able to equally appreciate the challenges and joys of working in a very fast-paced, creative, and demanding environment. We encourage all to apply that are willing and able to demonstrate their passion for the theatre and youth, a strong willingness to learn, and a commitment to working hard in a collaborative environment.
- Brainstorming, planning, coordinating, and carrying out initiatives to broaden school markets
- Aid in expanding relationships with community groups and schools
- Meet targets for touring shows per season
- Write and send all contracts and invoices for shows booked
- Negotiate fees with schools and community groups
- Maintain school databases and ensure records are up-to-date
- Establish touring itinerary and schedules (in keeping with time, audience specifications, and relevant artists’ unions)
- Book accommodation and travel arrangements as required
- Maintain communication with schools and community groups
- Prepare tour schedules, tour manager reports and other materials required by the touring company
- Provide reports to the Artistic Director and Managing Director regarding sales and teacher/student feedback
- Meet targets for school matinee performances
- Write and dispatch all contracts and invoices pertaining to shows booked
- Maintain communication with schools
- Negotiate fees with schools
- Host and organize schools attending matinees
- Secure adequate volunteers for matinee performances in conjunction with the Audience and Development Coordinator
- Close box office reports for school matinee performances
- Provide frequent status reports to the Artistic Director and Managing Director with regards to sales and teacher/student feedback.
The job is a part-time position, Monday to Thursday (8am – 1pm). Some additional hours may be required.
Please send a cover letter and resume by environmentally friendly email to firstname.lastname@example.org as attached Microsoft Word or PDF files. Applications should include references.
Submission Deadline: Friday January 19, 2018
Start Date: Monday, February 12, 2018
Read the official job posting at https://geordie.ca/auditions-and-job-opportunities/
About Geordie Productions
Geordie Productions aims to entertain, provoke thought, fire up the imagination, and challenge our audiences of all ages. We celebrate the art of theatre and its impact by working with both emerging and established artists from various disciplines and cultural backgrounds to create theatre that is both relevant and enchanting; inspiring dialogue between communities, children and parents as well as teachers and students of all ages. We are committed to giving new life to existing works as well as developing enriching work by Canadian playwrights, which contribute to both the Quebec and national canon. We seek to constantly broaden our audience by bringing productions to as many areas and communities as we can reach, with a focus on regions that have little-to-no access to the arts. We have a great interest in promoting the development of theatre in Montreal and fostering professional development of all professional theatre practitioners.