General Audition Call: Casting roles in Brad Fraser’s black comedy “TRUE LOVE LIES“. The Quebec Premiere presented by Acts to Grind Theatre (5th production since mid-2016) is slated to be presented in Montreal early February 2018.
Open to both union and non-union actors. Roles are gender specific and open to all ethnicities; Mastery of the English language, standard Canadian accent, obligatory.
Rehearsals will commence end of October, continue gradually through November-December, and increase in January. Every effort will be made to schedule around the ensemble cast (5) member’s availabilities (work/production) schedule.
Remuneration: This is an equal (all roles) profit share agreement.
Potential candidates will be contacted directly to book an appointment. (Agents, you may submit your clients for consideration.) If invited to audition, please prepare a 1 to 2 minute contemporary (comedic and/or dramatic) monologue to present at the initial audition. You may be asked to do a cold read from the text. Auditions will be held in Montreal, location TBC upon confirming a time slot. Callbacks will take place on the week of October 23rd, TBA.
Interested actors should send their recent headshot (low resolution -1mg) and updated artist c.v. to: Attention: Tali Brady, casting director TLL firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carolyn Sawatsky, early 40’s; lower-middle class; wife to Kane 20 years married; mom of two, girl 20 and boy 17; a full time homemaker; identifies as straight; has maintained her physical shape; appearance shows her age is definitely 40+; enjoys a cocktail; even keeled demeanor, cautious, moderately uptight, somewhat judgmental; seems oblivious to what is going on around her.
- Kane Sawatsky, mid forties; lower-middle class; husband to Carolyn 20 years married; a father of two, girl 20 and boy 17; identifies as straight; an interior designer for upper middle class private and corporate contracts, loves fabrics; smoker/toker; beer drinker; not into sports or other such activities; has a colorful past.
- Madison Sawatsky, early 20’s; college drop out, seeking employment to make quick cash; wants to break away from the nest; very sexy and sexual demeanor, no filter in her speech; smoker/toker, enjoys drinking; very light hearted yet has a quick tongue that can turn on a dime; liberally open minded; identifies as straight.
- Royce Sawatsky, late teens; high school senior; physically neutral shape, somewhat awkward, average non-descript appearance; a loner, computer-gamer geek; has antisocial, low self esteem and paranoia issues; identifies as A-sexual.
- David McMillan, mid-late 40’s; suave, classy; good physical shape; attractive appearance; entrepreneur-restaurateur; identifies as gay. Already CAST.
Read the originally published casting call at https://www.evensi.ca/audition-call-for-true-love-lies-play-by-brad-fraser-acts/228772422