The Department of English, Drama and Theatre at McGill University announces its fall production, “The Cradle Will Rock” by Mark Blitzstein.
- Auditions: September 5-9, 2017
- Rehearsals start on Monday, September 11
- Sign-up sheets will be on the bulletin board in the Arts Building lobby in the last week of August.
- Please bring a photo to the audition. Photocopy of non-professional photo is fine.
The Cradle Will Rock is a piece of political music theatre, rich in contemporary resonance, written in 1937. We will exploit that contemporary resonance in the production design and direction.
We’re looking for:
- singing actors
- actors who think they can’t sing but are brave enough to try
- diversity in as many ways as you can imagine that word, including but not limited to race, fluidity of gender identity and sexual orientation.
You’ll need to be willing to: play; move; dance, maybe: and ready to challenge your ideas about what it means to sing on stage.
Please come prepared to sing a song that tells a story. This can be something you already know, e.g. folk song, pop song, etc… You may sing unaccompanied if you prefer; otherwise please bring an easily legible piano vocal score (in the key in which you’ll sing). A separate copy of the written-out song text is essential. Wear clothes for ease of movement.
Note: Our production will feature a singing and acting chorus. It will not require as much time commitment as for the principal roles.
Production Dates: November 22-24 and November 29, 30 and December 1, 2017 in Moyse Hall Theatre
Rehearsals will start September 11. Expect a large time commitment.
Musical Director: Paul Keenan
Director: Myrna Wyatt Selkirk
For more information, contact Myrna.email@example.com
Read the originally published audition notice at https://www.facebook.com/TheatreMcGill/