Repercussion Theatre, Montreal’s foremost producer of classical theatre, is currently seeking a Development Assistant to handle the company’s development and fundraising activities leading to next year’s Shakespeare-in-the-Park summer tour.
Repercussion is seeking applicants for the position of Development Assistant for a contract of 30 weeks (7 months), starting mid-October 2016. This is a full-time position (35 hrs/week) with some flexibility. He/she should be able to work independently and have an interest in theatre. Should be fluent in English and have good working knowledge of French.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Research potential foundations and corporate sponsors and prepare applications in consultation with the General Manager and Artistic Director.
- Conduct fundraising activities including working with the board of directors to plan a fundraiser.
- Approach sponsors for the 2017 Shakespeare-in-the-Park tour, including in-kind.
- Manage sales and marketing relations with cities and boroughs which we tour to as well as find new locations.
- Participate in creating the seasonal newsletter and donor appeal letters.
- Basic website updates and social media outreach as needed.
- Assist the Artistic Director and General Manager as needed.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, by October 4, 2016.
Please note that the successful candidate must be eligible for the Emploi Quebec Wage Subsidy Program Subvention Salariale. Please check with your local CLE (Centre Local d’Emploi) to see if you are eligible!
Read the original job posting at http://repercussiontheatre.com/2016/09/12/job-posting-development-assistant/