At this week’s highly anticipated “The Launch” event, members of the Montreal theatre community gathered at the Monument National Café for an evening of food, music (provided by DJ Dave), and entertainment as ten professional independent English language theatre companies revealed their respective lineups for the 2016-17 season. Host Catherine Lemiux led the onstage conversation with the reps from each of these companies as they announced the details of their upcoming projects and productions. Here’s a quick peek at what next year’s local indie theatre landscape is going to look like:
Black Theatre Workshop presents:
- Angélique by Lorena Gale. Co-produced with Tableau D’Hôte Theatre. (March 16 – April 2, 2017)
- Bluenose by Emil Sher. (February 2017)
Geordie Productions presents
- 2Play School Tour (September 2016 – April 2017)
- Water Weight by Jesse Stong, directed by Mike Payette.
- Instant by Erin Shields, directed by Dean Patrick Fleming.
- The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury, adapted and directed by Amanda Kellock. (October 21 – 30, 2016)
- Geordie Theatre Fest: Water Weight + Instant + Jabber. (March 21 – 26, 2017)
Hudson Village Theatre presents
- 60’s Spotlight Show (May 25 – June 5, 2016)
- Ladies Foursome by Norm Foster (June 22 – July 10, 2016)
- Private Lives by Noel Coward (August 10 – 28, 2016)
- The Double adapted from Dostoevsky’s The Double.
A Bad New Days Production. (September 7 – 11, 2016)
Imago Theatre presents
- An Intractable Woman by Stefano Massini,
translated by Paula Wing. (February 9 – 19, 2017)
Repercussion Theatre presents
- The Tragedy of Julius Caesar, directed by Amanda Kellock.
(July 7 – August 3, 2016)
Tableau D’Hôte Theatre presents
- Angélique by Lorena Gale. Co-produced with Black Theatre Workshop. (March 16 – April 2, 2017)
- Hosanna by Michel Tremblay, directed by Mike Payette, translated by John van Burek & Bill Glassco. (July 6 – 23, 2017)
Talisman Theatre presents
- Yukonstyle by Sarah Berthiaume, directed by Geneviève L Blais, translated by Nadine Desroschers. (October 13 – 29, 2016)
Teesri Duniya Theatre presents
- The Refugee Hotel by Carmen Aguirre, directed by
Paulina Abarca-Cantin. (October 26 – November 13, 2016)
- Delete by Michel Lefebvre and Daniel Iregui. (November 15 – 30, 2016)
- The Law of Gravity (working title) by Olivier Sylvestre. (January 23 – 27, 2017)